Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tax Holidays

There is alot of talk about how to get the economy going. One of the ideas is for states to have sales tax holidays. A sales tax holiday is when you can shop on certain days and pay no sales tax. I question if this really works. If people are not shopping when stores are marking down items 60 % then why would 6-8 % make a difference. We have a tax holiday in Illinois when the kids go back to school , but that is stuff we would buy anyway. So my question to all of you is if a sales tax holiday really makes a diffence to you. Don't get me wrong if there is something I need and I can save the tax great. I just wouldn't go buy something just because of tax holiday. Let me know what you think!!! Good government policy or just a gimmick ?

No comments:

Post a Comment